A simple and clear approach to mastering the most important basics of camera use and photography (Beginners photography and upwards).
We so often hear “I wish I’d come to you before I went to …” – so we know how frustrating it is when photos don’t work but you don’t know why. So…this course familiarises you with how to get:
- great focus
- good clarity: shutter speeds, stabilizing your shot, lens use
- how to freeze movement
- how to compose more effectively – what makes a striking shot
- night shots of the stars where location permits: your settings are really important (‘Auto’ just won’t do it)
- photograph campfires/bonfires at night – no practical(!) but which settings will work and why: for festivals, camping, safaris, etc.
- must haves in your camera bag and how to pack it
- Backing up and keeping your images safe (introduction)
- Prep your camera with date and time, file size, colour balance, continuous versus single shot shooting…
and lots more.
The camera modes you may use will depend on what you will be photographing and where (low light/night photography will be covered too!), and we will tailor this travel course to suit each individual and their plans; so tell us where you are travelling to or what you may want to photograph.
We will also look at which shooting mode works best in different situations (Aperture or Shutter priority rather than Manual exposure mode, which are for some people the easier option), if there is no time to get prepared and manually balance the exposure. A hunting lion or surfer won’t wait for you!
Located right in Covent Garden and with the River Thames just 3 minutes away too, our practical in our surrounding areas enables you to remember as you go.
Practice makes perfect and that’s what we know works. So we encourage you, whilst always on hand, to experiment and learn and remember by doing.
With our maximum 6 participant groups you know you’ll get individual attention.
Whether you’ll be photographing Boats in Brighton, Lions in Lesotho (or nearby in Africa) or Family Fun at the Seaside in the UK or abroad – if your photography hasn’t quite worked until now, come and join us for a fun and learning-packed weekend, and make sure your images really are treasures forever.
A one weekend course
Sat 6 – Sun 7 August, 10am – 4pm, 10 hours, £245 (Call us to book – 0203 002 4991)
Location: Covent Garden London